Tuesday, April 16, 2013

On a Local Agency Takes a Step Ahead: Early Intervention in the city in which I live

IMG_7695

IMG_7721

In the city in which I live, Tacoma, I'm not really familiar with the services for young children that are available as I am in the city in which I work, Bremerton. But thanks to a call last Friday from on old friend who is in the kid business in Tacoma, I was able to be privy to a party on  Sunday in honor of a local early intervention agency, one that she started to fill an unmet need. I could certainly identify with the purpose of the work, as outlined by the director in her opening  remarks. I felt immediately at home in my own city. gw




VISION AND VALUES STATEMENT

Vision: Our vision is a community that embraces and integrates children of all abilities and treasures the unique gifts each child possesses.

Mission: Supporting families of infants and toddlers with special needs by enhancing their development and relationships both at home and in their community.

Principles and Values:

• We will do our work in a way that treats the well-being of children as our highest priority.

• We will provide family-centered services in a manner that promotes trust, respect, and confidence with the families we serve.

• Our behaviors will be of the highest ethical standards. We will always conduct ourselves with compassion, sensitivity and honesty.

• We will demonstrate integrity through the operation of a transparent organization in the form of board oversight and fiscal responsibility.

• We will be both creative and collaborative in our approach to building a vital community.

ASAPC.org: A Step Ahead in Pierce County
http://www.asapc.org/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment